If the Certificate Signing Request was not created yet, please check this article for the instructions on CSR generation.
After the certificate has been issued, and sent to you by the Certificate Authority, you can proceed with deploying the certificate on the server. Follow the steps below to install the SSL for your site.
Generate Private Key:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Locate and click on SSL/TLS Manager in Security section.
- Click on the Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys link under Private Keys (KEY) menu.
- Copy the certificate code you received from the Certificate Authority including -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE----- and paste it into the 'Certificate: (CRT)' field on the next page.
- Click on the Autofill by Certificate button, which appears next to the certificate entered, and the system will attempt to fetch the domain name and the private key. You may also choose the domain from the drop-down list and manually enter the certificate and private key into the corresponding boxes. If the system fails to fetch the private key, you can locate it in the Private Keys (KEY) section of the SSL/TLS Manager. Please remember to include Begin/End headers and footers for the certificate and the key.
- Copy and paste the chain of intermediate certificates (CA Bundle) into the box under Certificate Authority.
- Click on the 'Install Certificate' button